June 09, 2010

Thought Train #1 : Robin Hood Release date to Flaw in Back to the future.

Thought train is tracing back the thoughts in your head to see where they came from.
It is an interesting exercise and you might be surprised to see how unrelated your initial thought and the final conclusion can be.

So, this was today's thought train

#1 Saw tweet about Robin Hood releasing in India next week.

#2 Googled and found out exact date of Robin Hood release.

#3 Remembered, last time I googled I found a page on Robin Hood goof ups, one of them was :
"A title card identifies the historical period as the "turn of the 12th century," but the story actually takes place around 1200 A.D., the turn of the 13th century."

#4 I began wondering how a year 12xx can be 13th century. The first 100 years. 0-100 AD must have been the 1st century, hmm.. that means the 100-200 must have been second.

#5 I then began thinking about a previous thought I had, on how it would be better if we calculated our money as multiples of 500. Meaning we should count Rs. 1000 as 2 units, this will give a more realistic idea of how much we have and how much we can spend, when we talk in thousands of Rupees.

#6 The idea of century was similar to my idea of 500 Rupee units. I thought we lived in 21st century now, and now when we think back 21 AD seems so long ago, and the technology then was so primitive. Then i began wondering if people in 2100th century (if humans still exist) will think back and wonder how primitive we (21st century people) are!.

#7 I began thinking, how much the technology would have improved by 2100th century, if only there was a way I could see all that in my life time. TIME MACHINE :D

#8 But then I thought that the chances of someone inventing a time machine in my lifetime is very less. So, if someone invented the time machine in the future, he could come back in time and tell us how to make one.

#9 Then I wondered, if he (someone from the future) has already invented the time machine, whats keeping him. Why isn't he coming now, and telling us how to make one.

#10 Then I remembered all those movies about time travel, which postulated how things would go horribly wrong if someone messed with the space time continuum. Which reminded me of the movie "Back to the future".

#11 Then I realised there was a flaw in the movie, if Marty prevented his parents from getting married, his existence would be erased from the future (that was the whole theme of the movie),BUT if Marty's existence was erased from the future, then he wouldn't have returned in time to change the past anyways, thereby actually ending up not changing anything.


In your FACE Steven Spielberg :D

1 comment:

  1. WANTTTTTTTT MOREEEEEEE !
    Nice Thought Train , Very interesting .

    ReplyDelete